The long and successful history of PANalytical's Materials Research Diffractometers (MRD) continues with a new generation – X’Pert³ MRD and X’Pert³ MRD XL.
- Minimum step size 0.0001˚
- Radius: X’Pert³ MRD 320 mm (horizontal)
- Radius: X’Pert³ MRD XL 420 mm (horizontal)
- x,y translation: 200 x 200 mm (X’Pert³ MRD XL)
The improved performance and reliability of the new platform have added more analytical capability and power for X-ray scattering studies in:
• advanced materials science
• scientific and industrial thin film technology
• metrological characterization in semiconductor process development
Both systems handle the same wide range of applications with full wafer mapping up to 100 mm (X’Pert³ MRD) or 200 mm (X’Pert³ MRD XL).
- Solid-state X-ray detection technology
- Reciprocal space mapping
- Orientation of single crystal cadmium tungstate
- Studying the thermal stability of gallium nitride based high electron mobility transistor structures