NaI-SS has been developed to locate radioactive sources (SNM types) in motion from cars, vans or planes.
- High resolution 4 "- 4" -16" NaI (Ti)
- He3 detectors for neutrons
- Signal processing via the ORTEC DigiBase
- NAISS-B32 software compatible with GammaVision
Developed by AMETEK ORTEC following the 9/11 attacks, the NaI-SS is a module for the detection and location of compact gamma and neutron sources suitable for vehicles (cars, planes etc.) in motion. NaI-SS is currently used in several countries to detect SNM threats.
The NaI-SS can be embarked on all types of vehicles and can be adapted to a location of moving and/or fixed sources.
Designed around detectors:
- One or two NaI detectors (Tl) to have a very good detectivity and gamma resolution.
- Two or four neutron detectors (He3) for concealed sources.
- Source Detection of Cs137 from 10μCi to 3m moving at 16km / h
- Source deduction of Cà60 from 17μCi to 3m moving at 16km / h
- Source Detection of Cf252 (neutrons) 36 μCi at 3m moving at 16km / h
- PC, GPS, Pelican type carrying case included
- Location of illicit mobile sources
- Localization of lost sources