The PINS or Portable Neutron Spectrometer is the ideal tool for detection and identification of explosives or gases without opening the container and therefore with a minimum risk of contamination.
- Rapid threat recognition
- Non-intrusive recognition
- Portable and hardened
Gamma neutron activation spectrometry is the ideal technology for the detection of dangerous chemical elements (explosives, chemical weapons, toxic elements…). It is non-intrusive, and therefore does not require the opening of the containers which could be ammunition.
The PINS3-CW will produce neutrons (the neutrons are very penentrating) that will interact with the compound to be analyzed and produce gamma rays, these specific radii for each element are identified/ analyzed, which allows us to know the chemical elements present and thus to detect a hazard.
The PINS3-CW is a portable and hardened (battery operated) system, designed for use on all types of terrain – and the technology used allows very fast identification.
- HPGE detector for best performance
- Wide range of prerecorded compounds
- Without radioactive source (neutron generator)
- Electrical Detector Cooling (No nitrogen)
- 12 hour battery life
- Identification of chemical weapons: BR-2, CG, CK, GB, HD, HN, VX, WL
- Identification of irritant agents: CA, CNB, CNS
- Identification of toxic gases: FM, FS, HC, WP
- Identification of explosives