The STRIDE's units of detection and identification have been designed primarily for security installations in public places.
- Rapid detection of the radioactivity presence
- Quick and accurate identification of radioactive elements
- Configurable sensitivity level
- Remote connection
The detection unit is a beacon which works just like a gantry’s inspection of standard people. It offers an adjustable strap to guide the flow of people and has a weighted base.
This wireless system can be completely hidden. The base of the gantry, weighted lead for more stability, offers a space for a battery (batteries included) with a loading slot for an external battery charger.
It is supplied with a NaI 2 scintillation detector “diameter by 3″ long. It offers excellent sensitivity, even for small radioactive sources. The identification takes only a few seconds (depending on the nuclide, the number of nuclides, the activity of the source, the background noise and the presence or absence of screening).
- Measuring range 20 keV - 3 MeV
- Range of dose rate: 10 nSv / h - 100 mSv / h
- Sensitivity of dose rate: 10 nSv / h
- Securing public places
- Control of hospital waste