for the Mini Z Portable x-ray scanners Contact
about the Mini Z Portable x-ray scanners
The MINI Z handheld X-ray system is a compact, single-sided imager that can be used to scan objects in hard-to-reach areas, allowing for the effective screening of a wide variety of items such as suspicious bags, walls, furniture, small boats, aircraft, vehicle tires, and car interiors.
- The same technology that made the ZBV® system the top-selling cargo and vehicle inspection system in the world, now in a small form factor
- Unlike density meters, trace detectors, or portable transmission X-ray systems, the MINI Z system produces an easy-to-interpret image to quickly locate organic contraband behind non-metallic surfaces.
- The MINI Z system is self-contained and does not require set-up: enabling immediate operation. As an operator scans a target, an image appears in real-time on the system’s dedicated tablet.
The MINI Z system is safe for operators, bystanders, and the environment. The system’s X-ray dose conforms with the appropriate ANSI, ICRP, NCRP, and EURATOM radiation safety standards. Although the MINI Z is a low-energy and low-dose Z Backscatter system, it is not designed to scan people. The MINI Z system must be used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions and under the jurisdiction of local laws and regulations
- Completely self-contained: Does not require physical set-up, enabling immediate operation; Battery operated, wireless communications (Wi-Fi)
- Easy operation: As an operator scans a target, an image appears in real-time on the system’s dedicated tablet.
- Training materials: Already loaded onto the companion image viewer tablet accessed through the home screen help icon
- Operating Time: Four (4) hours per battery charge ( typical, based on 25% duty cycle)
- Border and Security Checkpoints
- Drug Enforcement
- VIP Security
- Public Safety