Fast and thermal neutron detectors and discriminators
Rugged-by-Design a complete range of neutron detectors and discriminators without moderators to integrate into your systems.
- Robust to shock, vibration and magnetic fields
- He4 heated pressure detector and Li6 coating for rapid and thermal models
- Fully integrated with TTL output
- Die-casting for greater efficiency
HTDS offers you exclusively the new family of neutron detectors Rugged-by-Design developed by the company ARKTIS. This family is perfectly suited for integrators and scientists.
Rugged-by-Design detectors are designed to be the most efficient, cost effective and robust solution for the detection and discrimination of fast and thermal neutrons. With a strong immunity to gamma radiation, they are perfectly adapted to safety systems incorporating SNM (Special Nuclear Material).
Detection of fast neutrons takes place directly in a Helium4 tube (insensitive to gamma radiation) under pressure. Thermal neutrons react with a thin layer of Lithium 6 inside the tube under pressure. “Rugged by design” detectors and detectors / discriminators generate a TTL at each detected neutron, the discrimination between fast and thermal takes place over the width of the pulse TTL.
S-670: Fast neutron detection module with a sensitivity of 0.12 cps / ng (californium 252 at 2m)
S-670e: Rapid and thermal neutron detection module with sensitivity of 0.12 cps / ng (californium 252 at 2m)
S-870: Fast neutron detection module with sensitivity of 0.16 cps / ng (californium 252 at 2m)
S-870e: Rapid and thermal neutron detection module with sensitivity of 0.16 cps / ng (californium 252 at 2m)
- Tube size 875 * 600 * 52mm or 1075 * 800 * 52mm
- Sensitivity up to 0.16cps / ng @ Cf252 at 2m
- Protected from gamma radiation up to 200μSv / h
- Power supply 12V
- RS485 adapter – USB available
- Recherche neutronique
- Intégration dans des équipements de sûreté