Histamine test strips
Convenient dipstick technology for rapid visual detection of histamine
The test strips can detect unsafe levels of histamine in only 4 minutes without the use of organic solvents or heating steps.
- 4 minutes of results with strip test
- Easy visual test with color coding
- Now able to quantify with the reader
The HistaStrip™ test strips contain a pad embedded with enzyme that reacts specifically with histamine to chemically reduce a dye indicator, producing a color change for easy visual interpretation of results. When the strips are dipped into samples containing histamine, the pad rapidly changes from white to a color designating the histamine concentration present in the food or drink. Detection capabilities using the strips are well below global Maximum Residue Limits (MRL). The self-contained, visual test enables easy testing in and out of the laboratory.
- Oil dipstick technology
- Samples: seafood, fish meal, milk and fish sauce
- The test strips contain a built-in buffer with an enzyme that reacts specifically with histamine
Sea Food Testing (pdf / 2,52 MB)