LaserWarn : Open-Path Chemical Detection System
LaserWarn provides much larger detection distances and greater sensitivity than conventional IR and FTIR systems.
The system detects a wide range of gases, and requires minimal maintenance.
Block Engineering’s LaserWarn is an open path gas detection system based on patented quantum cascade laser technology. LaserWarn detects chemical threats, leaks, and fugitive emissions over a coverage area of thousands of square feet, and can be used in both indoor and outdoor applications.
Eye-safe laser beams and low-cost retroreflectors provide real-time, 24/7 early warning of Toxic Industrial Chemicals (TICs), Chemical Warfare Agents (CWAs) and other chemicals.
Multiple gases can be detected within seconds, even in chemically “noisy” environments. The system requires no consumables, and is low maintenance compared to conventional networks of point sensors.
The system is available in a ruggedized IP66-certified version for harsh environments, as well as a lighter version for indoor use. LaserWarn’s AI-driven software algorithms allow for pinpoint detection accuracy, and can filter out background interferant chemicals.
The system features a multi-level Graphical User Interface, providing simple red-green or more detailed information screens.
- Operation in selected ranges in the mid-infrared spectrum (5-13 µm) where all toxic gases have strong and unique spectral signatures
- Greatly increased sensitivity, aiming accuracy, and distance compared to conventional infrared systems
- 24/7 indoors or outdoors operation
- Expandable library of chemical threats to match specific operational requirements
- No consumables required, allowing for minimal maintenance
- Eye-safe laser beams allow for operation in areas with people
- Fast readings allow for rapid detection and immediate warning alerts
- Military Army