The Z Backscatter® Van ("ZBV") is the most maneuverable, versatile, and successful cargo and vehicle screening system on the market. Featuring Z Backscatter technology—pioneered and perfected by AS&E—the ZBV system can quickly reach places other systems can’t go, and scan objects other systems can’t inspect
- The ability to investigate targets that could not be scanned before
- Maximum flexibility, maneuverability, and ease of use
- Real-time imaging of vehicles and cargo for rapid analysis
- A system proven to be effective and reliable—even in harsh environments
The ZBV system developed by AS&E uses innovative Z Backscatter technology, which ensures a low radiation dose that is safe for operators, cargo, and the environment.
All companies that produce non-medical X-ray screening systems need to comply with the appropriate American National Standard Institute (ANSI) safety standards. The ZBV system fully complies with the applicable standards, including rigid adherence to the radiation dose limits prescribed in these standards.
- Proven, reliable system in the toughest environments (hot, cold, sand, war zone) with greater than 95% operational availability.
- Fully mobile, small footprint, self-contained, and operational within minutes of arrival on site.
- Provides complete field of view of vehicles of all heights, including the tires
- Scan Speeds: up to 10 km/h (6 mph)
- Vehicle inspection