High-throughput, dual-energy/high-energy x-ray inspection system
At 150 trucks per hour, the sentry portal system provides a high-throughput, high-energy, dual-energy means of scanning cargo without compromising image quality.
- Compact high-energy, high-throughput drive-through system
- Scans containers at a rate of up to 200 trucks per hour
- Utilizes high-energy transmission X-ray technology capable of penetrating up to 300 mm (11.8 in) of steel
- Detects hidden threats and contraband in cargo containers, tankers, and large vehicles
- Advanced container-locating subsystem begins imaging after the cab has passed to avoid scanning the driver
- Compact footprint and low radiation dose allows for installation in areas with space constraints
AS&E’s Sentry Portal drive-through inspection system provides high-throughput cargo inspection by quickly and safely scanning trucks, cargo containers, and tanker trucks for security screening or Customs enforcement.
With a compact footprint that allows for installation in areas with space constraints, the Sentry Portal system can scan a high volume of containers at seaports, border crossings, and security checkpoints. Using a dual-energy/high-energy transmission X-ray source, it provides excellent penetration—up to 300 mm of steel in high-energy mode—for normal stream of commerce cargo, while minimizing the amount of scattered radiation experienced by the cab—the lowest in the industry. As vehicles pass through the portal, the high-quality images appear in real time on the high-resolution monitor, allowing for immediate processing and analysis. Throughput is up to 150 trucks per hour. A robust container-locating sub-system ensures safe drive-through operation, so that the driver is never exposed to high-energy X-rays. For air cargo screening at airports and other transportation hubs, the Sentry Portal system can scan airport tugs pulling multiple pallets and segment each container into a separate scan record.
- Port areas