The SETA Salt-in-Crude analyser is a robust and portable instrument for determining the salt content of crude oils
- Salt concentration values displayed automatically
- Pre-calibrated for the ASTM D3230 standard
- Test time of less than 30 seconds
- Fully portbale, aluminium carry case
The SETA Salt-in-Crude analyser is a robust and portable instrument for determining the chloride (salt) content of crude oils in full conformity to ASTM D3230, IP 265 and equivalent test methods. The analyser is pre-calibrated and automatically displays salt concentration measurements in g/m3 or lbs/1000bbl (pounds per thousand barrels), this avoids the need to mix salt calibration standards and makes testing a simple and fast procedure.
The presence of salts in crude oïl provides a serious problem to drilling, pumping and refining processes, it is also of concern during transport. Excessive salt levels may cause corrosion problems and clogging of pipelines, refining and catalytic processes.
- Conductivity range : 0,0 - 430,0 g/m3
- Temperature range : -20 - 150°C
- Power : 9V DC battery and 110/220 V adaptator
- Size / weight : 20 x 7 x 3,5 cm / 1,7 kg
- ASTM D3230
- IP 265