for the Multi-detector alpha/beta counter Contact
about the Multi-detector alpha/beta counter
With the MDS multi-detector meter, access the most sensitive count on the market thanks to the complete independence of its detectors and reduce your costs by sharing non-strategic elements.
- From 4 to 48 counting channels with shielding (4cm) and anti-cosmic
- Independent detectors (zero crosstalk)
- Mode: alpha alone or alpha + beta
- Independent monitoring of the gas flow P10 with Gas-Pro @
The MDS Multi-Detector α-β counter is a modular instrument designed around the MPC-9604 detector (pulse gas scintillation type) module where each detector is independent!
The MCP-9604 has been designed to minimize the noise base and allow very high sensitivity counting – it is associated with an anti-cosmic detector, each chamber has it’s own shielding, the independent power supply of each chamber is linear.
MDS systems differentiate themselves from multi-detectors meters by the lowest noise on the market and the independence of each detector (independence of programming and service).
The MDS counter exists in several versions:
MDS 4: 4 detector chambers and 4 detectors (1 MPC 9604)
MDS 8: 8 detector chambers and 8 detectors (2 MPC 9604)
MDS 12: 12 detector chambers and 12 detectors (3 MPC 9604)
MDS 16: 16 detector chambers and 16 detectors (4 MPC 9604)
- Typical noise α: 0.03 to 0.07cpm
- Typical β noise: 0.4 to 0.7 cpm
- Planchets per detector: 1 / 8inch (19,2mm) - 1 / 4inch (63,5mm) - 5 / 16inch (0,8mm)
- Gas flow: 10 to 15psi
- VISA 2000 software with database
- Environmental Laboratories
- Medical Laboratories
- Nuclear Industry