The first New Generation Sequencer (NGS) for Tunisia
Reducing delays is a major challenge in research so any instruments that makes that possible are highly wanted by researchers. Over the last 5 years the New Generation Sequencer (NGS) by Thermo LGS has been replacing the older Capillary Sequencers due to its incredibly much higher throughput.
Thanks to this technological breakthrough, HTDS has just sold its first NGS for nearly €250,000 to a Tunisian Group ISSTE, an academic customer that distributes analytical instruments all over Tunisia. More precisely this NGS has been located to a Molecular Microbiology Laboratory for the company CBBC for the study of bacterial contamination in water.
Of course, the NGS has many other applications: gene expression profiling, chromosome counting, detection of epigenetic changes and molecular analysis… making it a very versatile instrument potentially useful for many laboratories. To better understand the technological advances; the NGS can sequence the genome of a person in 2 days whereas it took several weeks with the previous technology.
The installation of NGS and user training will take place before the end of the year. As an added bonus, HTDS has negotiated with its client the possibility of carrying out occasional demonstrations with other companies that the system could interest… a fantastic opportunity to promote the NGS and multiple sales in Tunisia! Well done to the whole team working incredibly hard on this project with special mention to Anis Kerboul, Heithem Bergaoui and Local Life Sciences Tunisia Sales Team.
New: EnSight Multimode Plate Readers Perkin Elmer
The EnSight™ Multimode Plate Reader is the first benchtop system to offer well-imaging alongside label-free and labeled detection technologies. Drawing on over 20 years of experience in multimode detection and 10 years in cellular imaging, the EnSight system’s unique combination of industry-leading detection technologies enables you to take a truly orthogonal approach to your research and gain new insights from your assays that you could not achieve before.
More Confidence in Your Results with Orthogonal Assays
With a unique combination of technologies to choose from, not only can you perform a wide range of assays on a single system but you can also confirm your findings using different technologies for greater confidence that your results are biologically relevant, not biased to a technology.
- Choose from a range of technologies: Well-Imaging, Corning® Epic® Label-free Technology, Alpha Technology, LANCE®TR-FRET and DELFIA® TRF, Absorbance (filter- and monochromator-based), Fluorescence (top- and bottom-reading) and Ultra-Sensitive Luminescence
- Optical label-free technology provides richer and more physiologically relevant information about cellular signaling mechanisms and multiple signaling pathways, and is also designed for biochemical binding assays
- Alpha Technology from the industry leader provides the best performance AlphaLISA® and AlphaScreen® detection, with results in half the time of ELISA
- Time-resolved fluorescence delivers high sensitivity for biological and cellular assays
- Upgrade options to keep up with your lab’s changing needs